torstai 3. syyskuuta 2015

More "gears" to our C-Zero

Thanks to the great great folks at My i-MiEV forum I got a tip that PSA may actually have just mechanically blocked two of the shifter positions on the Citroën C-Zero and Peugeot iOn. It didn't take much convincing to make me crack open the cover on mine and behold, it was true. I quickly found out that even the screen would show the new B and C modes. On with the drilling and I had some new "gears" to play with.



I'll still need to modify or acquire a suitable cover plate with all the shifter positions.



A quick check using CaniOn and it looks like the difference from B to C is about 10 kW in regen power, with B having the strongest and C the least regen. Normal D right in the middle of those two. Letting the accelerator pedal go at 70 km/h gave about 10 kW regen at C, 15 kW at D and 20 kW at B. I finally have the low regen "C" option for cruising long distance. Good times!

3 kommenttia:

  1. Neat! Are i-MIEV vehicles sold outside of Europe free from this limitation? I wonder why they would lock these modes out.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. It's only the Citroen C-Zero and Peugeot iOn which have been crippled. All i-MiEVs have all the positions available.

      Poista
    2. It's only the Citroen C-Zero and Peugeot iOn which have been crippled. All i-MiEVs have all the positions available.

      Poista