keskiviikko 31. lokakuuta 2012

Gentlemen, remove your engines!

Finally got the combustion engine out of the Xsara. It didn't come out quite as willingly as I had hoped, but I still managed to remove just the engine without taking out the transmission with it. Taking out the transmission would have meant dismantling the drive shafts and such. A task which I found quite unappealing. In any case, mission accomplished. I already have a buyer for the engine as well. He should be picking it up on Sunday. After taking the pictures I was also able to unbolt the flywheel.




3 kommenttia:

  1. Hi Jarkko

    It's good to see your progress. :-)

    Before the engine gets picked up, remember to put on the flywheel temporarily again and take a measurement from the edge of the flywheel and to the engine flange. You will need this value to position the flywheel correctly in relation to the new adapter plate. This way the clutch and pressure plate protrudes the correct length into the bell housing.

    VastaaPoista
  2. I was actually planning to measure the distance of the flywheel mount and the edge of the engine. I think that should give me the information I need. If the flywheel is "flat" on that side the number should obviosuly be the same.

    VastaaPoista
  3. Yes, that should give the same information, I just wanted to make sure you had it before parting with the engine :-)

    VastaaPoista