Yesterday, I finally got the new charger for the kWsaki. DHL and their local agent tried to make it as complicated as possible, but finally I just drove to their warehouse at 17.20 on a Friday and picked the damn shipment myself. Luckily they were still there. I think I'll specify pickup from there now on.
In the usual evassemble.com fashion, the charger was very lightly packaged and once again came in a little damaged. This time it was one of the cooling fins. Shouldn't be a problem, though. It's a little bigger than I thought, but I still believe I should be able to fit it under the frame and within the bottom fairing.
The charger seems to have been correctly configured, at least according to the sticker. It says 28 cells, but I'll use 29 instead. I just didn't want to complicate their life by specifying anything out of the ordinary. 102 volts divided between 29 cells comes down to about 3.52 volts per cell. The charger, charging at 21 amps, should fill my 40 Ah cells in about two hours, while using 11 amps at 230 VAC.
Look! It came with instructions too! "Connet black and red wire together to start automatic control." Yes, that was the only documentation in the package. In that box there was the control cable which the comprehensive documentation refers to and an additional Anderson connector. Most likely I'll just leave the Anderson connectors out, because they're mostly just asking for trouble.